wine tasting room professional
About our Wine Tasting Professionals:
Parley Lake Wine Tasting Professionals are the public face of our winery- with the goal of creating the unforgettable and amazing experience that is central to our mission. Primary functions include serving our customers and utilizing creative selling strategies with the ultimate goal of enhancing our guests’ experience and making profitable sales while maintaining Tasting Room cleanliness and operations in an efficient, cost effective manner. We support the Minnesota grape and wine industry and were founding members of the Heartland Wine Trail. Our reputation is made by the guest experience we offer in our tasting room and quality wines. We expect our tasting professionals to know and support the Minnesota grape and wine industry in a positive and engaging manner.
We’re looking for:
Wine enthusiasts who are 21 years of age or older, who are able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs on a regular basis and stand on your feet for up to 8 hours with limited breaks. This is a part-time seasonal, weekend position, and ideal candidates will be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings or holidays in a strong, team-oriented environment. Our peak season is during the months of September and October, and applicants must be available to work during all weekends in our peak season. We are open to the public from June to December and typical shifts take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The Wine Tasting Professional’s Major Responsibilities:
- 70% Tasting Room Guest Beverage Service and Sales
- 20% Tasting Room Operations
- 10% Inventory
Tasting Room Guest Beverage Service and Sales
- Consistently provide high level of Customer Service o Guest Beverage Service and Sales
- 1. Greet & welcome the Customer within steps of entering the tasting room
- 2. Create relationship and share information with customer; enable decisions
- 3. Thank the Customer and go the extra mile
- Understand grape-growing and wine-making in general, and Minnesota/cold-climate grape growing in particular
- Know Parley Lake Wines, Facts about the winery, Our wine-making philosophy
- Enjoy food and wine and be able to discuss appropriate pairings
- Know Parley Lake Winery policies, promotions, selling techniques and programs
- Understand Parley Lake Winery’s business systems as needed o Train and Mentor other Parley Lake Winery tasting room staff
- Watch for and seek out Tasting Room, Wine, customer feedback trends- and share with staff o Work special events, off-site events/tastings, or other functions as required
Tasting Room Operations
- Understand and properly execute Parley Lake Tasting Room start up and close down procedures- which include daily cleaning both pre- and post-shift and daily set up and take down of the bar
- Run errands, move product, restock inventory during the course of the day as needed
- Understand and properly execute Tasting processes, which change based on wine availability, number of customers, etc.
- Understand and properly execute Tasting Wine tracking and inventory
- Accurately manage monetary transactions with customers, including using cash registers, online money management software, and coupon/deal tracking
- Keep the Tasting Room and Bar area clean and organized during the course of the workday
- Understand and participate in all Product and Selling programs and incentives
- Maintain accurate timecard information and submit time as necessary to Manager
- Understand basic inventory needed to support Wine Tastings, Tasting Room Sales
- Work with Manager to maintain appropriate Wine Tasting Operations inventory
- Understand and use wine and reconciliation inventory processes
Conditions of Satisfaction
Tasting Room Guest Beverage Service and Sales
- Embody a “Tasting Room Professional” – dress, attitude, behavior and professionalism
- Maintain the Highest Level of Customer Service in Parley Lake Winery Tasting Room
- Demonstrate intimate knowledge of Parley Lake wines, history, and facts
- Appropriately offer upsell, cross-sell, and promotions/programs to customers
- Tasting Room Professional is engaging, positive, cheerful, and extends outstanding hospitality
- Ensure that Customers have a great experience at Parley Lake Winery!
Tasting Room Operations/Inventory
- Wine Bar(s), Tasting Room and adjoining property is clean, neat, and well-organized before, during, and after open hours on every day of business
- Inventory is appropriate and enables business to be conducted in the proper way
- Wine inventory and Cash Register reconciliations are accurate
Submit Completed Application to: email@example.com
About Parley Lake Winery:
Parley Lake Winery is proud to offer local character in hand crafted wines. We are located in Waconia, Minnesota: ‘on the edge of the cities, out in the country,’ less than 10 minutes from the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Located at the home of Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, we began planting Minnesota Grapes in 2005. Today our 125 rolling, wooded acres are adjacent to the Carver Park Reserve and offer the chance to experience 7 acres of Vineyards, 20 acres of orchards, and locally grown and produced wines. In our six years as a commercial winery we have already won numerous regional and international awards for our wines.
About our Tasting Room:
Our tasting room is located in the old 1880s era barn on the property, which is rustic yet well-equipped with marble-topped bars, gift merchandise, and -of course- wine. We are open to the public June through December, with days and hours that vary during the season. We also are available for Wine-centric semiprivate and private events, such as workgroup recognition events, client appreciation events, bus tours, family or friend gatherings, and Parley Lake events like our Case Club and Barrel Club events.